Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just When You Need It


Today has been a good day with mom....we really "bonded" today. She has been more alert and really wanting to talk. She realized her wedding band was missing and that upset her. She tried to remember if she was wearing it during the wreck but everything is so foggy she doesn't remember. I hung some pictures of the kids and my daddy on her wall to try and give her more "reason" or "determination" to fight. I was sitting in the chair watching her and every few minutes she would look over at daddy's picture. I asked her if she wanted me to take it down....and she said no....I just miss him. I really couldn't help but get a little down. Of course I'm a baby and I cry over everything...but I miss my daddy so much and I could see in her eyes how much she misses him. I sat here thinking once again why?? Why does sad things happen. Why am I sitting here alone with no one to talk to? Why do I feel so empty? Am I really gonna be able to get through all of this. I got online to get my mind off of it all and signed into face book. I had an email and it couldn't have came at a better time. I wanna share the email with you. It just goes to show that God does know all and he doesn't want us to feel alone. He sends us the help we need just in time!!

Hi, I'm Sarah Beth. I don't know how we became friends on facebook. I think that it may have been 4-H camp. However, I have been carefully following your story.

I just want you to know how brave you are in my eyes. I know that I couldn't be as strong as you. Although this may sound very hard to hear, God is doing this in your life for a reason. He is letting you be a good example to others. I feel that in the end, you will be rewarded for your diligence and hard work. Your faith is such an inspiration! I have been praying for you and your family throughout this whole time. I didn't want to say it because, I figured that you didn't know me. Just know that even people that you may not know care about what is happening to you. Keep letting Jesus shine!

Keep the faith,
Sarah Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment