Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Road to Recovery


Okay...day one in Select Specialty Hospital. Last night was terrible! Poor mom didn't sleep two hours all night. She was so anxious which in turn made me anxious. Today, however, has been better. Although she is in a lot of pain we have gotten a lot done today. She has met with her social worker, doctor, nurse practitioner, PT, OT, and had a echo on her heart. They have kept her busy. She makes my heart smile. Just seeing her work so hard to raise her arm up or move her legs....things that to us would be so simple for her are a hard days work. She is still on the vent and will be for weeks. Wish we could get off of that. I had such a hard night....I cried most of it. I would stand and rub her head while I was wiping snot and tears with my other hand. I don't know...I just felt so lonely and so afraid. My mom is everything to me and I want the best for her. It hurts me to see her hurt but she has truly became my hero. She is awesome......and so is God. He has given her the will and strength to keep fighting. Well, they are fixing to get her up in a chair. Another big step.

No comments:

Post a Comment