Friday, August 12, 2011

Another year...a new school


Today is Jaylee Madison's first day of school and it is of all things in a new school system. We had to move at the end of last school year due to needing more space for my mom. Jaylee dreaded this all summer long. I know she is such an intelligent and funny kid and she shouldn't have any trouble fitting in. She on the other hand feels she will be ostracized (her own words). I have learned this child of mine might need some couseling for her anxiety issues. She has such an imagination and when things happen she jumps to the extreme. Things in her head are so much worse than reality. So anyway, I'm in the hospital with Hallie and it's the first year since Jay started school that I can not take her on her first day. My heart is broken and so is hers. I have to leave it to my 19 year old to get her ready and my 17 year old to get her to school. She is not happy with this decision. She lets me know that Sarah can not dress her or she will look like a misfit and her brother can not by any means drop her off in his "station wagon". That would be detrimental to her. After at least 30 phone calls to me and hours of whining and tears shed I finally talked her into just going with the flow. Although I missed her leaving I was there to see her get off the bus. I listened very intently as she told me about her adventures of her first day as an Austin Tracy Eagle. She really had fun and met some new friends....just as I had told her she would. She loves her new teachers and thinks this is going to be a great year. My heart felt so happy. I love to see happiness in her eyes. The last nine years with her have been very emotional. I thought she was going to be my last child so I put every effort forth to enjoy every little minute with her. It is sad in ways to think you will never experience those emotions again but little did I know that I would change my mind and we would have another little miracle. Now...here I go again knowing this IS my last child so I am pouring myself into every minute with Hallie. Ya know maybe all parents should look at each child like it is their last one because it makes the moments shared so much more endearing and meaningful!! Anyway, I am thankful my Jay bug survived another "first day" and she actually enjoyed it. I am looking forward to sharing this year with her and many more to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment