Sunday, October 9, 2011

Jaylee's Bday






Today was my Jaylee bug's 10th birthday....as she has been running around screaming "double digits...oh yeah". This girl of mine is a hoot. She makes me laugh even on my darkest days. I love her so much. I remember the moment they placed her in my arms. I couldn't believe how beautiful she was. She was such a good baby but a very sick baby. I can't count her hospital visits or the nights we were up with her. She had her first urinary tract infection at three weeks old and from then it was just sickness after sickness. I believe the sickest I have seen her is the time she had strep throat and mono at the same time. Shew, the feelings we as mothers have when our babies are sick. To this day poor thing is still sick at least once a month. As a matter of fact we were just at the doctor this week. Anyway, she is ten now and that blows my mind. She decided she wanted to have a slumber party and go bowling. Wow, this has been an adventure. Little girls running up and down the stairs all night long yelling and laughing. I was a bit on edge but at the same time it made me think back to when I was that age. I am loving to see her turn into this beautiful, intelligent, and caring young lady. She has such a huge heart and honestly cares for others. She has hit the age where she worries about what she looks like. She loves makeup and fixing her hair. She is such a little beauty queen not to mention "drama" queen. She is also an artist at heart. I wish I could post some of the artwork she has done. She can draw anything she wants. It amazes me. I can't even draw a stick man. Yep, she is a well rounded little girl. She has it all going for her if she will just stick to her guns and keep her head on straight. If I have anything to do with it she will. I will push her to reach for the stars and chase her dreams. Jaylee Madison I love you with all of my heart.

1 comment: